1. “Pain is the last symptom of dysfunction.” Many times your spine will be out of alignment days, months or even years before you even feel pain. Taking a pill to get rid of the “pain” will not correct the problem, but rather mask it causing more injury in the long term.
2. “Athletes use chiropractors to stay well and perform better, not just for the occasional injury.” Receiving regular adjustments can help you feel your best which will in turn help you perform your best.
3. “The body does not perform as a cluster of separate mechanisms, but rather a cascade of events that all starts with proper control by the nervous system.” Once you realize that your spine controls your nervous system you will want to keep it in proper alignment!
4. “Doctors don’t do the healing.” Your body has the power to heal itself.
5. “Chiropractic is for all ages.” Adjustments are for newborns, toddlers, teens, adults and seniors. There are no age restrictions.
6. “We know about more than your backbone!” Chiropractors are trained to give advice on nutrition, fitness, ergonomics and lifestyle choices, screen for conditions unrelated to the skeleton and refer out to other practitioners when necessary. They have a lot of knowledge so don’t be afraid to ask!
7. “Successful chiropractic patients accept responsibility.” Chiropractic can help relieve pain and discomfort, but you have to do your homework and listen to what your chiropractor prescribes.
8. “Chiropractic may help you get sick less.” Adjustments can boost your immune system which can keep you healthy and happy.
9. “I heard I’ll have to go forever” is a myth. Do what’s right for you. If you feel better after a few adjustments that’s great! Listen to your body and trust your intuition when it comes to pain and discomfort.
10. “Adjustments don’t hurt.” Really they don’t hurt! Schedule an appointment and see for yourself!
Bullet points taken from: http://www.hoosierhealthplus.com/10-things-most-people-dont-know-about-chiropractic/